Home English Restaurant-style Kadai Paneer must try at home
Restaurant-style Kadai Paneer must try at home
- Coriander seeds
- Dried red chilies
- Green cardamom
- Fennel seeds
- Ginger garlic paste
- In a small pan, dry roast the spices for Kadai masala for 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat until fragrant.
- Remove pan from heat and transfer the roasted spices to a spice grinder.
- Let it cool down a bit and then grind to a fine powder, Set aside.
- In a other large pan, now melt butter with oil on medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and saute for 3 minutes until softened. Then add the sliced green chili and ginger garlic paste and saute for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and tomato paste. Mix and cook for around 6 minutes until tomatoes are really soft.
- Then add 3 to 4 teaspoons of the Kadai masala that you prepared earlier Also add the garam masala, Kashmiri red chili powder.
- Add half of the ginger julienne. Stir the spices and cook for 30 seconds
Then add 1/2 cup water and stir.
- Add salt and sugar and mix. Cook for one minute.
- Add in the paneer and bell peppers and mix. Cover the pan or Kadai with a lid and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on medium heat until bell peppers are slightly softened.
Then your Kadai panner is ready