What is Arpita Mukherjee’s connection with TMC who had ₹20 crore cash?


What is Arpita Mukherjee’s connection with TMC who had ₹20 crore cash?


The Enforcement inspectorate on Friday grab Rs 20 crore in cash after raiding the house of Arpita Mukherjee, Moreover, documents pertaining to around 10 properties, gold and diamond ornaments worth about Rs 50 lakh were also recovered.
Bundles of ₹2,000 and ₹500 notes amounting to ₹20 crores were recovered in cash in the house known to be an aide of West Bengal minister Partha Chatterjee in connection with an alleged teacher recruitment scam. On Saturday, Chatterjee was arrested.
The arrest of Mamata Banerjee’s minister Partha Chatterjee in connection with an alleged teacher recruitment scam in West Bengal has given shells to the BJP to hit out at the chief minister and insinuate her involvement in the fraud. The Trinamool has distanced from the money recovered from Arpita Mukherjee’s residence and said the money has no connection with the party.

Minister Firhad Hakim said that – The Trinamool Congress described the raids as a “ploy” by the BJP government at the Centre to “harass” its political opponents. “This raid by ED, a day after the spectacular Martyrs’ Day rally that created ripples all over the country, is nothing but an attempt to harass and intimidate leaders of the TMC,” West Bengal Transport.
. BJP leader Suvendu Adhikari posted purported photos of Mukherjee with chief minister Mamata Banerjee bringing charges against the chief minister of ‘guilty by association. Posting a photo from the 2019 Durga Puja where Mamata Banerjee, minister Partha Chatterjee, and his aide Arpita Mukherjee can be seen together, Adhikari tweeted, “Yeh toh bas trailer hai, picture Abhi Baki hai”. Trinamool national spokesperson Kunal Ghosh clarified the party has no connection with the money recovered. “Individuals whose names have surfaced in connection with this are responsible for explaining. We are looking into why the party’s name has got dragged into this. We will issue a statement at an appropriate time,”
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) arrested State Industries Minister Partha Chatterjee on Saturday (July 23, 2022) morning after continuous questioning and questioning. Around 10:30 am on Friday, a team of ED went to Naktala’s house for questioning. The investigators interrogated the minister throughout the day and night. He was arrested around 9:30 am on Saturday.
He is being taken to the CGO complex and will be taken to the court today itself, where ED will demand the custody of the minister. On Saturday, the witnesses signed the arrest memo before the arrest. After that, ED investigators took him out of the house. Outside the house, Partha’s lawyer told the media that the state councilor and industry minister has been arrested.
On Saturday, former Education Minister (now Industries Minister) Partha Chatterjee appeared at Naktala’s door. In the morning, he was woken up and interrogated in stages. ED officials stayed at the minister’s house throughout the night. The minister’s house was surrounded by central forces. According to sources, Parth fell ill during continuous interrogation. Doctors reached his home twice. But even that did not stop the question period.
At the same time, the ED claimed that around 21 crores in cash were found in the house of Arpita Mukherjee, a ‘closer’ of Partha in South Kolkata. The two stacks were filled with bundles of 2000 and 500 rupee notes. ED claimed that 20 mobile phones were also found in that house. The recovered cash is still being counted with the help of bank staff. ED sources believe that the money is part of the bribe taken for illegal recruitment in the school.
ED claims, in the report of the committee headed by former Justice Ranjit Kumar Bagh and in the face of CBI interrogation, Education Secretary Manish Jain, said that all the appointments were made on the orders of the former Education Minister. He was the main controller in recruitment.
According to ED sources, it is verified by collecting and interrogating documents initially. The investigators woke up the minister at 7.30 am on Friday without any summons notice and started questioning him. After reaching Naktala’s house, the investigators ordered the minister’s security guards and bodyguards to switch off their mobile phones.
ED sources claimed that the same order was given to the minister as well. Parth sent two lawyers to the house in the afternoon. However, according to sources, the investigators did not allow them to be present during the interrogation. According to ED sources, at noon, Partha’s family doctor accompanied the police and conducted a physical examination in front of the investigators. Later, three specialist doctors from SSKM also visited the minister. After that, the interrogation continued.

National Desk, Ne India News



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here